- Bespoke consultancy for weddings or events (ranging from 1 hour upwards or ad hoc help)
- Full wedding/event planning
- Wedding/ event budgeting and expense tracking.
- Colour scheme / Theme selection
- Full development of the chosen theme
- Handling follow-up with all vendors.
- Management of rehearsal (for wedding/renewal of vows).
- Monthly meetings with couple/ clients.
- Obtain required permits (for example drinks, music, photograph etc.)
- Sourcing unique and budget friendly fabrics, wedding dress, bridal party outfits (if required).
- Sourcing unique and budget friendly favours (if required).
- Vendor recommendations and assisting in the selection.
- Preparing and maintaining schedule before and on the wedding/event day.
- Reviewing all stationery, programmes and vendor contracts* (if desired)
Wedding/event planners do not dispense legal advice; if legal advice is needed, please contact a lawyer
- Supervision of venue set up
- Venue visits
- Partial wedding/event management
- Preparing and maintaining schedule on the wedding/event day
Meeting 4 – 6 weeks before the wedding/event
- On site direction of the wedding/event until the end of the day
TEC’s Creative Director is certified by The Wedding Planners Institute of Canada (WPIC).
WPIC Certified wedding planners are held to high standards of conduct.
Graduates of WPIC must abide by the following Code of Ethics or they can be stripped of their Certification and disbarred from the WPIC Alumni Association.
WPIC Code of Ethics:
- We do not accept kickbacks (money for referrals) from vendors. Vendors must know that the clients are the recipients of any discounts given.
- We treat each client fairly, and we will be honest and upfront in the representation of our clients.
- We uphold our ethics. We will not take or attempt to take clients from, or discredit, other vendors with gossip or slander.
- Every client will receive a detailed contract for Wedding Day Direction, Destination or Full Wedding Coordination services.
- We will provide all services agreed upon in the contract that must be signed by both the client and Coordinator at the commencement of service.
- We believe in continuous education, networking and training within the Wedding Industry.
- Our pricing is upfront and industry comparable.
- We will make every effort to return calls and emails in a timely manner. (Within 48 hrs.)
- We always endeavor to benefit our client and not ourselves. Vendors are suggested on merit, in the best interests of the client, not ourselves or the vendor suggested.
- We can not guarantee your wedding will be perfect, but we can guarantee we will do everything within our power to make sure it is as close to perfection as it can be.